20 August 2008

AlFatihah@Mokhtar

inna lillah wa inna 'ilayhi raji'un

AL-FATIHAH –
SAYA INGIN MERAKAMKAN UCAPAN TAKZIAH KEPADA KELUARGA ALLAHYARHAM TUAN HAJI MOKHTAR, SEMOGA ROHNYA DICUCURI RAHMAT ALLAH SWT DAN DITEMPATKAN BERSAMA ORANG ORANG YANG SOLEH DAN BERIMAN

Yet another friend taken from my life this morning. He passed away at the Ampang Hospital after going into coma for more than 2 weeks. He was a bit like my big brother. Always doing something even in his old age. It was really sad to see him so helpless in the hospital bed. I last saw him day before yesterday and he woke up from his 15 days coma and I talked, held his hand, wipe sweat from his forehead and tears from his eyes.... I knew he was wanting to say something. .. didn’t expect that he woke up to say goodbye. Praying he was going to recover. A few hours after my visit he went back into coma, and never recover.

Just 3 months back I visited his home, and he was already not feeling too good, easily tired and experiencing back pain. We talked and I “reported” to him on the latest development and who doings what (as best as I could)…

As Muslim we accepted the inevitable. I’ll always remember the time we talk about 1-computer- for a person his age I admired him for his knowledge on the latest in computer tech. And he mentioned he would like to go into business in this field. Which he did; 2-smoking- between a non smoker and a heavy smoker. He did said “bos bersyukur le tak de keinginan merokok, saya dah tak boleh berenti”; 3- red spray paint- I requested that he take it easy with the red spray paint which he used frequently to indicate rejected portion of the constructed building.

He was a very sporting guy going along with all the craps from the young guys. I had fond memories of him and will miss him. We will pray for you. Al-fathihah.

Saying Inna Lillah is a form of worship. This is to adopt the attitude of surrendering to God’s will instead of complaining against fate. It is to convert the loss into a new discovery. This phrase, ‘We are from God and to God we shall return’ is, in short, an acknowledgment of God's godhead on the part of His servants.

No comments: